Motorcycle Maintenance Preparing for Winter
In order to keep your pride and joy in the best condition you can whilst riding through the winter we recommend you do the following:
- Keep your regular servicing schedule up to date. Especially as your machine is asked to work in difficult conditions it’s vitally important to keep on top of servicing.
- Wash the bike down with water on a regular basis to remove road salt and other grime. Only do this when the bike is cold . Hughended M40 stock a range of cleaning products in our shop.
- Keep on top of chain lubrication. The chain is exposed to all the winter elements. Check tension more regularly and use a good quality chain lube.
- Use a good polish on all paint work with a proper clean/valet at least once a month. Polish helps to reject moisture and helps against abrasion.
- Cover as much of the bike as you can in a good preservative/anti corrosion product such as ACF50/GT85 . This will stem the tide of rust and corrosion helping the bike look better in the spring.
- Remember the more effort you apply to looking after your bike the better condition come spring. The nicer the bike, the better the resale!!!
If you require assistance with maintaining your bike over the winter, call into Hughenden M40 for a service , or the best maintenance products to keep your bike in tip top condition.